AutoCAD Tutorials: Learning Basics for Beginners
Introduction to AutoCAD
1- AutoCAD Meaning and History in a Glance
AutoCAD stands for Auto Computer-Aided Drafting. It was developed and marketed by Autodesk© in the year 1982, as an application running under the DOS operating system and with the help of microcomputers at this time.
|Example of complicated Mechanical Detailed Drawings; In fact, it is absolutely very difficult to draw it by hand with classic tools.|
Back in the year 1979, drawing by hand with traditional drafting tools, was in high demand for mechanical and hardware industries. So, people there find AutoCAD© remarkably useful and adopted it for their works and projects that need a long time to be accomplished regarding the huge amount of details included in each drawing. (See the figure above for an example of mechanical detailed sheets)
2- Does AutoCAD work by Itself? | The AutoCAD common misconception
The answer to this question is a big NO! But before starting, I'd like to bring your attention to a misconception that some people, especially those who don't know much about how the technology works, believe that AutoCAD© can do the designing job for you!... At least such was the idea of our instructors at the Architecture institute!
Not surprisingly anyway; Every new invention has its worries and prohibitions.
It took us the whole semester to convict them and to remove this fake idea from their minds to allow us to use the AutoCAD© in our last project for graduation. So, the concept that needs to be enlightened here is that:
AutoCAD just works for you; it does not do anything on its own.
And this idea is definitely true, in the fact that the software only follows the instructions given by you and acts accordingly.
3- Where AutoCAD is utilized? | AutoCAD Basics
Many fields of work and professions are using the Autodesk AutoCAD © today! For example, but not limited to:
- Architectural drawings of all kinds.
- Drawings for Electronic, Electric, Civil, Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, and other Engineering trades.
- Topographic maps.
- Graphical Art such as Logos-maker or else...
But the fields of application do not restrict to static images or drawings; In fact, when used in combination with the other Autodesk© product, the 3ds Max Design©, and other animation engines, AutoCAD forms the basics for making presentations and interactive displays, as well as advertising media and brochures.
4- Saving Time with AutoCAD | How to use AutoCAD properly? | Options Available
- It let you make updates and corrections easily without redrafting the whole drawing; In the old time, when a correction was provided to a drawing, we were obliged to redraw the entire document and spend precious time finding a way to erase the parts to be modified.
- Clarity and cleanliness of drawings and better presentations without traces and ink marks which are from the past.
- More precise and detailed drawings to reduce cumulated errors perfectly for execution and shop drawings production.
- More productive for the contractors' offices is a critical matter ahead regarding their work strategy: The more shop drawings produced equals the more money to get from the consultant.
5- Commands in AutoCAD | How does AutoCAD work? | AutoCAD Basics
- AutoCAD provides various sets of Entities for constructing your multiple drawings.
Let's first define the word "Entity" in AutoCAD terminology. An Entity is a Drawing Element in AutoCAD that constitutes only one geometric element each, such as a Line, Circle, Text, Rectangle, etc...
For example, to instruct AutoCAD on which Entity or Object to draw, you type the command into the Command Line Prompt: For a circle, for example, enter the word ci (shorten for circle) then you specify its parameters (like its diameter, location of its center point, etc...), then the entity will appear on the working area.
Almost all the AutoCAD commands have this same sequel of entering commands:1- Entering the command_name.2- You will be shown a list of options to choose from, depending on each command apart.3- Pressing the Enter button again to exit or re-entering another command.
I will be extracting here, a useful paragraph from where I discussed the how-to enter commands within the program in a previous post as the following:
1. Utilizing the Pull-Down Menus In the event that you take the most advantage of the AutoCAD screen, or what we called the model space, you will notice menus like Draw, Edit, Modify, and so forth, located on the top side.
Interfere with these menus to dispatch AutoCAD commands.
As you become progressively acquainted with AutoCAD you may choose to utilize the toolbars and the "Command Line" prompt along with aliases to give orders.
However, new users and beginners learn and work quicker with the option of having all their familiar commands stuck inside the drop-down menus.
➤ Read more: In the meanwhile, you can read the complete article about the 10 Tips and Tricks for New AutoCAD Users working in Companies previously posted on my blog.
- Sometimes entities are formed from multiple other geometric elements that will form a one-unit entity by itself; this is what we called the "Blocks", to be discussed in a later post from this AutoCAD Tutorial.
6- The Essential Tools of AutoCAD | What Makes Working with AutoCAD Easier
- 6. a- Using the right tool at the right place → Organizing your Work
- 6. b- Getting the Most of AutoCAD → Using the proper Tools
The most powerful tools in AutoCAD ever are three, to be discussed individually in the upcoming learning courses: (randomly ordered)
1- AutoCAD Layers
2- AutoCAD Blocks
3- AutoCAD Dimensions
Besides, AutoCAD is full of other useful drawing aids that are time-savers like the Snap Mode, Grids, and many more to discover later on. If you want more details on those features please subscribe to my blog. You can always learn more about AutoCAD Basics and AutoCAD for students in the next articles. Subscribe for more.
E-Tutorial RecommendationI hereby recommend reading and practicing this concise and minimal e-course for learning AutoCAD; It is my own publication. Have it at an affordable price today for all and benefit from the valuable information and content you can ever get for both 2D and 3D sections. In addition, benefit from the special FREE section for Rendering in AutoCAD!
Other Valuable Books Recommendation
- Mastering AutoCAD 2013 and AutoCAD LT 2013 by Georges Omura and Brian C. Benton
- AutoCAD 2020, 2D-3D by Ahmad Khamis
Anyone looking for Best Consulting Firm for Fake Experience Certificate Providers in mumbai, India with Complete Documents So Dreamsoft Consultancy is the Best Place.Further Details Here- 9599119376 or VisitWebsite-https://experiencecertificates.com/experience-certificate-provider-in-mumbai.html
Big thank you for sharing this content If anyone looking for best Sas training institute in Delhi Contact Here-+91-9311002620 Or Visit our website https://www.htsindia.com/Courses/business-analytics/sas-training-institute-in-delhi
I am glad that you find the post useful and sorry for my late reply. Anyway if you need more info about AutoCAD Course I suggest you to check those 2 links:
You will surely find what you need.
Thank you for passing by.
I will keep your link for any potential future reference...
A big thank you for sharing this post your content is really good apart from that if anyone looking for best Core and Advanced Java training institute in delhi so contact here +91-9311002620 visit https://www.htsindia.com/java-training-courses