Best Trending Interior Design Tips and Tricks for 2021
Things to Consider While Changing Your Home Décor
The majority of people might think that changing your home decoration will cost you a fortune, effort, and time. This goes also without counting the stress that usually comes along with that kind of work…
But wait for a minute and before closing this page, what if I told you that they would be wrong? Yeah! And believe me, all you have to do is properly plan and visualize your steps and do some helpful research and here you go!
So, all you need are a few simple alterations here and adjustments there, and you will surely see and feel all the big differences. Actually, you don’t need to spend a big amount of money and time to re-decorate your home; Mostly all you need are a few simple steps that will do the magic and change the whole appearance of your home.
|Fig.1- Contemporary Style Furniture: featuring either hard-edged or gently curved, Photo-Source: newellfurniture.com|
You might think that I am insane, but believe it or not, the secret resides in concentrating the attention of people on a particular thing that will do the whole changing effect. So keep on reading the next lines to find out more about new home decor tips for 2021.
|Fig.2- Accent Wall within a Living room, Source: pinterest.com|
- Usage of colors. First of all, we can surely say: Painting a room is the quickest way to give it a fresher look. Because it is the first impression that impacts the visitor. So, changing the color of your room(s), which could be more than one, will improve dramatically the effect on yourself in the first place, and later on your guests.
- Accent Wall Tip. — An accent wall is one wall within a single room that is markedly different and more interesting than the other walls in the room. See Fig.2 — Personally, I have used this method in my own open-space living room as shown in Fig.3 below.
Get more information and see the rendered figure below and read more about the strategy I followed in My Home Improvement Project Strategy Revealed.
When selecting the colors you will use, choose the colors that make medium to strong contrast.
|Fig.3- The Accent Wall featured in my Living room (Rendered Image)|
- Using lighting techniques. Another effective method to attract guests’ attention is of course the light. With its two types, natural and artificial, light is proving every day its indispensability for being the basis of any modification you will need to execute. In fact, its characteristics as a pointing source make it easy to bring attraction to any subject in the room.
- Windows Coverings or Curtains. Here, options vary between multiple kinds of curtains such as normal classic curtains, blinds, integrated, or simply free without coverings. You may choose the option that goes with your adopted furniture style.
- Use Decorating Themes Items. Depending on the theme you are working on, you can choose a relevant decorating element that will reflect or symbolize it. For example, if you preferred to work on the outdoor/nature topic, you might find an item that will add tone to your ambiance such as a small water fountain in the room where you like to relax or read a book. Keeping up with the same mood, you might want to complete the scenery with some plants that extend to the balcony or terrace outside. Plants quickly provide a new fresher feeling within a room.
- Floor Covering. Depending on your preferences for the topic selected before, you might choose the type of flooring cover; should it be ceramic or mosaic tiles, hardwood, or just rugs and carpets? I would suggest the hardwood covering option if you want to keep on with the nature theme as the previous selection.
That way you can drive attention to a particular object you want it to stand bold over other items
present in the room. For example on what was
said, if the room is intended to be colored light blue then a hint of dark
green or even another bold color in certain areas will attract a person's
attention and drive them to see that area of the room.
To make a specific object the center of attraction, the nature of the object will depend on the room’s function and the theme chosen.
- Find some useful addresses to buy from, in the Shopping Recommendation section below.
When and Why Should You Think to Change Your Home Furniture?
The right time for renewing or renovating your home furniture is to schedule it at the same time as your home general improvement, just to reduce the stress, and save time and money. Now, here are some queries that may help you to figure out the answers:
Anyway, if your answers seem to be all positive, then you have the qualities of a frequent traveler. In such a case, and if traveling isn’t available every time, it is a good idea to bring some changes to everything around you in your daily routine.
And you can begin by changing your home decoration for an instance, for better enhancements of your daily mood. In this post, I will try to provide some good concepts and bring your mind's attention to some simple tricks you can follow to enhance your home decoration and kill that feeling of boringness forever!
Changing your Old Furniture | Contemporary Furniture Style
Next, I will be describing why changing your home furnishing at the right time is important in the remodeling process. First of all, when it comes to changing your furniture, it goes without saying that unnecessary furnishing changes or alternations make no sense at all; in other terms, it is totally worthless to get rid of your old furniture while they are still in good condition.
Instead, make some reparations wherever needed to give the old item a newer state.
If some or all of your pieces need to be altered or replaced, my recommendation is to always switch to the contemporary style because of some good reasons out there in the first place, and for its popularity and its high trending indicator. Anyway, and as I said, if you want to buy new furniture and change the old ones, I suggest moving directly to the contemporary style because of the 4 reasons cited below:
- It is a reputation and high trend. Actually, you will not feel comfortable regarding your guests' comments when they’ll discover that you did go backward in your selection instead of going forward with the actual trend. This doesn’t mean at all the defeat of the classic or some other related styles, but it may don’t match your home renovation concept in general. Therefore, it is a major must-do for you to choose the style that you want to adopt before starting your project and to select other items’ styles accordingly.
- It is malleable and flexible. This feature of contemporary furniture cannot be hidden or denied. In fact, even if you still keep some other pieces from the old style, you will have no problem integrating them into the new concept. In short, wherever you choose the placement of your objects they will be definitely in the right place and will fit inside and they will strike the eyes of those who will see them?
- Helping you save some money. You might surely think that it isn’t the right time to invest in buying new furniture for your home. But in reality, you are spending the money for the long term to come. In fact, you do not need to spend more money on other furnishing sets in the future, because the contemporary style goes anywhere and anytime.
- Matching all tastes. With the contemporary, you can be assured that any member of your family or friends, will have no problem dealing with your choice. You will have no effort to impress either the younger aged or likely the older.
Contemporary Furniture V/S Modern Furniture | Definition and Comparison
Let’s have a closer look at the Contemporary Style and to who it owns its wide reputation. Nowadays, many designers got mistaken or conflicted about the difference between contemporary and modern furniture styles, and it is easy to understand why.
If we can call it, a practical definition is what we will be showing next: The contemporary furniture style is bold and has unique colors that are often seen standing alone. To be clear, I meant by the word bold above, the straightness and the purity of the lines reflect the originality and opacity of the design.
Moreover, the Contemporary Style is easily recognizable for its simple and smooth lines. It is very distinguishable from a more traditional style, especially in the absence of details or carving works. In reality, the lines of contemporary-style furniture are either hard-edged or gently curved.
|Fig.4- Contemporary Style Furniture: featuring either hard-edged or gently curved, Photo-Source: newellfurniture.com|
- Consider seeking for help and recommendations when needed.
- Visit local furniture big stores and seek for promotional offers; there is always an outlet corner out there with very affordable prices.
- Don’t forget to explore the internet: Enter the word "home decor tips 2021" into the Google Search Box and you will get tons of various ideas. It has millions of great decorating resources. Likely, you can try pinterest.com for other great decoration ideas with the biggest search engine library for images on the web.
As for the item used in the DIY section above and where to buy it, I hereby share with you some useful addresses that match the theme adopted in the example. Hope you will like it!
Click on the links below to view a detailed description of each item and to place an order:
- Resin Crafts Tabletop Feng Shui Decor Rockery Landscape Water Fountains Home Decoration Indoor Fountain Zen Garden Q0525
- Rockery Indoor Fountain Waterfall Feng Shui Desktop Water Sound Meter Decoration Crafts Home Decoration Accessories Gifts LJ200903