How to Manage Your Family Room?
Congratulations! The new 2021 is already here!
It is the right time for a new you and new projects to come, with new visions and hopes for the best. Time for new expectations in the next year also! One of the best gifts you can dedicate to your beloved family is by far a cozy and comfortable room to gather and relax in their free time.
Therefore, it is time to renovate and rehabilitate your existing house into a new and improved one, that fits better your needs and your family is always on the move! Normally, the best way to do so is by simply hiring an architect, which will help you fix the right approach to develop your home design tips so your project turns into reality the way you always dreamed of.
As architects, asking our clients about what are the requested rooms and their functionalities is a priority in the conception of their new upcoming project. Therefore, it is more than important to have a clear vision of what they want their future house to include. Otherwise, and being the project designer also, my role is mainly defined by clarifying these blurry ideas and making them a reality according to my client’s needs.
Good reasons make the family room a better choice for all
One of the matters that struggle every homeowner is by far the family room; Many queries came across his mind when it comes to its real necessity or not within the concept; For example, "Can’t we use the guests’ living area instead?" and so on, is among the many questions regarding this vital part of the house. From my long experience in the industry, I can easily say that many people often equate the living area of the guests and visitors with the family living room, which is a big mistake.
However, here is why, and for many reasons:
The family living room, also known as the private living room, is an independent functional area for families to meet, assemble, and relax to cultivate intimacy and relationship, separately from the other parts of the house.
|... One of those noisy nights gathered together family and close friends in the family room. Photo by pexels.com|
If your home space is large enough this is not an extra item; The presence of this area has become more and more a need that will add to the house and its functionality more functionality, comfort, and relaxation.
Therefore, if you are going to renovate your home soon, this is a good reason for you to consider a family room addition as part of your remodeling project; it is the best gift ever that you can present to your lovely family.
Even more, it is a daily renewal of benefits to every member of the family. Here are some design tips for the interior space that may inspire you in your concept:
- If your family is anything but like many others around the world, then you are not surprised that everyone is in action at all times, and at any period of the day: The parents might have work and meetings, while the kids have sports practice, music lessons hobbies, and other obligations and activities outside of school. It seems like everyone always has somewhere that has to be...
It would not be much nicer if you would have a dedicated room where everyone could slow down and catch his breath, even if it was just for one night a week so that they can have fun and benefit from the privacy. If you add a family room to your house, then you'll be able to do just that and believe me, it is worth it!
- Let's talk logically, if you already have rooms dedicated to cooking and eating with your family, why not have one with a specific purpose: to spend time together and celebrate special occasions and events?
- Adding a room to your home can improve your home life by giving your family a specific area to gather, and a welcoming place to relax and enjoy each others' company. You can have great times sharing activities like board games, discussing the latest news events, or even watching a movie together, or a tv show. Eventually, what could be more fun and exciting than a session with the famous Monopoly board game to revive the real sensation of real estate excitement?
- Not only does the addition of a family room to your home offer you an additional place to meet as a family and spend more time together, but you can use it to retain other rooms spread out across the whole house as well. In other words, it helps maintain order and regulation in the entire house by delimiting the messy activities within only one place.
- Normally everyone's hobbies have accessories related to them such as board games, musical instruments, movies, video game systems, etc... Those might waste a lot of space if left in every member's room. But if you have a family room, you can collect all those things and accumulate them in one place, freeing up space in the other rooms where they were before and thus saving the total area of your home, and keeping it away from the mess.
- Perhaps like many other home improvement projects, the biggest benefit that comes with a family room addition, and many homeowners don't realize it at first, however, is that it can add a lot to your home's value.
The fact is, it makes sense whenever you reach a point in your life where you unexpectedly decide to move ahead and have to sell your property. However, since the house has a family room will make it an attractive factor for potential buyers to consider.
Therefore, discovering that a home on the market has this extra room that other homes nearby might not have, not only increase the worth of your house but puts it ahead of the competition when it comes to being sold. It is not surprising that the value added to the home by a family room surpasses the initial cost before building it. And because the sooner you do, the sooner your family can enjoy their comfortable private new space.
Not only that but adding it sooner rather than later will allow you to get a jump on getting added value out of your home, which is what you were waiting for years ago.
But where exactly to locate the family room?
In general, better home design tips for a family room consider a central connection between the continuously visited rooms in the house. However, the kitchen, the balcony outside, the basement, and many others are usually good examples of those.
From what precedes, the best location to integer your family room is the path hall located normally between these locations, which can improve later the functionality of the family room as being the coordination hub for many other important rooms in the house.
… But the benefits don't end here. Designing a pathway that connects a collection of rooms stacked around, is very familiar and may add value to this area that is initially considered a lost and unexploited surface.
Transforming this transition area is an easy job for many contractors, but the sizes of the resulting family rooms are always subject to variation regarding the total area of the house and especially the total number of rooms originally set around. Some layouts may not provide good ventilation for the added room. If so, it is advised to have at least one wide opening or an accessible balcony, to solve this issue. Poor lighting is another consequence of the described matter.
In such a case where the lack of both light and air is the main problem, changing your family room to another proper location is the next best functional solution. This alternative might come to the rescue: being downstairs instead of the upper level, in the kitchen and dining room junction. (As shown in the picture below)
However, if your home space allows it, you can set similarly a small area within the kitchen for your private corner as it is yet the most visited place in the house for all the family members with no exception, and so would be the ideal place to fulfill the purpose.
Besides, whether you're a new family with only one child or a larger family with multiple children, a room dedicated to them can be sized to meet your specific needs as far as size and functionality are concerned. In other words, different scales can be set to fit your requirements and your design taste, in addition to the furniture styles intended to adopt.
Choosing the right furniture style to fit your family's Expectations
Having this knowledge about the family room and its advantages, doesn't stimulate your sense of creativity for a home improvement that considers the addition of this vital extension? Of course, it does!
Therefore, and for your convenience, here are some tips that might help you get started with your project and will surely organize your steps:
- Decide how will your family room be used. Are you and your family the kind who likes group activities? Do they play board games or watch TV often? For example, if you play more games, you might want a nice wooden table to take up a good part of the room. However, if the TV is more your preference, then you might want to organize the room around the TV as so many families will do.
- Make sure the furniture you choose is durable and robust. Since the family room will be used often daily as it is the place where the members of your household will relax, enjoy television and participate in other activities, the durability of the furniture is something to consider.
- Choose a style that you are certain you will still love for the next 6 or 12 years. However, to design a beautiful living space, it is not required to be sophisticated or spacious, but just cleverly decorated with a few robust pieces of furniture for your daily usage.
- Usage of upholstered benches. Those types of benches give a fashionable appearance to your room while not costing you a fortune. If you are looking to add additional seats to your space, then the upholstered benches will do perfectly in such a case with their stylish and beautiful appeal.
|Usage of the upholstered benches gives an elegant look to your family room, Photo by pexels.com|
The reason why they are appealing to the eye is because of the multiple eye-catching materials they can be crafted from and the gorgeous ways those materials can be styled through detailing and finishes. They can be made either from wood, metal, or even stylish plexiglass for extra modern style.
THIS ARTICLE MIGHT CONTAIN SPONSORED OR AFFILIATE PROGRAMS LINKS. WE MIGHT GET A SMALL COMMISSION ON YOUR PURCHASE AT NO EXTRA CHARGE TO YOU.
What’s next, a selection from my FACEBOOK Page Collection, featuring some useful items that will help you find the right furnishing for your Family room or just inspire you; A choice of different modern styles in textures and colors that fits your needs. The items selected are very elegant and fashionable and available today at affordable prices; So hurry up and pick your set now! Quantities are very limited!
The Neoclassical Returns: Elegant and Durable Family Room Designs
If by means you would prefer the nostalgic and classic furnishing styles over the previously discussed designs, then don’t go away and stay still because we have the right suggestion for you: The Neoclassical design is a mixture of classism and modernism along with those two dual extremes.
With its gentle and delicate beauty, the next classic neoclassical living room design is the ideal selection for you. The photo below is a pure example of an elegant Neoclassical Family room (Photo by 88designbox.com)
This fashionable but sophisticated neoclassical living room template is typically designed in the gentle neoclassical style of interior design with the perfect balance between the soul of classic style and the flexibility of modernity.
The daily living space has brought a fine, yet new elegant beauty, grandiose but enough to get everyone’s appreciation and admiration. Especially with the aesthetic value diffused from the perfect combination between style, color, and various textures, which creates beauty with a lot of classism.
The neoclassical living room design owns a timeless beauty with a perfect balance between tradition and modernity to create an appeal that makes it difficult for viewers to take their eyes off it.
Therefore, decorating the reception space in a neoclassical style will help homeowners reproduce the image of high-class life in the perfect way to express their courage and bold taste for furniture styles. The following image is an elegant neoclassic style especially to inspire all nostalgic lovers, featuring an Ottoman-fashioned style with a tufted rounded shape of gray pattern textile color. (Photo from pexels.com)
Meanwhile, if you are interested in collecting some neoclassical furniture that brings a vintage ambiance to your home, you will surely appreciate what my Facebook Page has to offer you.
Meanwhile, if you want to create the perfect look for your home, and you are on a budget, then you need to get creative. If it is not impossible to design interior tips for a new look for any room in the home on a shoestring, then "Do It Yourself | Home Decorating} is the right book for you.