I hereby share with you an ultimate guide for Rendering with mental ray, a built-in plug-in that comes with the 3D max design™ software for realistic architectural visualization, the title is Mastering mental ray: Rendering Techniques for 3D and CAD Professionals by Jennifer O’Connor.
Proven techniques for using Mental Ray effectively
- Takes you under the hood of mental ray, a stand-alone or bundled product that is often used with 3D or CAD software in the creation of movies, games, architectural renders, and television.
- Focuses on only the most pertinent tools and techniques for busy professionals who need to quickly apply them on the job.
- Provides compelling, practical tutorials so you can start incorporating mental ray into your own production pipelines.
- Includes a DVD with step-by-step videos to help drive home concepts and techniques.
- Learn effective mental ray techniques with this great guide, then keep this practical book at your workstation for reference while you work!
Editorial Reviews From the Back Cover
- See how to control and balance lighting with Mental Ray.
- Manage maps and materials to reduce memory usage and speed up render times
- Queue jobs efficiently, using the Batch Render or Backburner render tools
- Master key settings of Final Gather and improve your render quality and speed
- Use advanced global illumination, caustics, photons, and irradiance particles to create indirect illumination.
- Find instructions and scene files for 3ds Max® and 3ds Max Design 2010 and 2011
- Use Global Illumination in difficult scenes