Today, in the new era of technology, the traditional job concept had changed, and more and more people are becoming self-dependent which is probably the most important reason for them to favor working from home jobs. The whole idea has become extremely popular and acceptable in the recent two years at least, especially with the lock-down imposed by Covid-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic spread worldwide, and its regulations; It is becoming hard to communicate freely with individuals in communities without taking safety precautions such as social distancing and else.
1. Choose the proper area/workspace location. The answer may be not simple as you might think! One of the most physical constraints that a corner in the living room may seem to make sense of is the level of distraction you may be confronting in the future.
Televisions, telephones, and several noisy devices, as well as children and pets, are all good sources of unexpected interferences to your productivity;
So, choose an area with less traffic and a minimally noisy environment.
Also, it is important to be able to separate work life from home-life, by providing a separate entry for your working space from the main entrance of the residence. Perhaps an unused dining room or formal living room could be a better alternative than using a spare bedroom… (Fig.2)
|Fig.2- A woman using a laptop with her child in her hands, Photo by ShotPot from Pexels|
2. In-Closet Storage. When the option to run to a local store and purchase a desk or shelf (with assembly required) is always present, then it may seem like an excessive expense to integrate built-in closets for storage organization into a Home Workspace location. However, bringing additional furniture to a home can always cause disorder— and when it comes to working from home, the disorder is the worst thing that can happen ever!
Yet, it is a good idea to provide incorporate built-in shelving, cabinets, and drawers into your space. (See Fig.3) This will not only increase how the integrity of your home office space merges into your home, but will also avoid potential issues with purchasing additional organizing tools and stuff which certainly add to the problem instead of solving it.
3. Invest in a good chair. One of the most crucial components of any home office is the perfect and comfortable office chair, and it should be of high priority. When it comes to selecting the ultimate office chair, consider that you'll be spending a huge portion of your time sitting in that seat. So, make sure it is as comfortable and functional as possible.
4. Your Office reflects You. Forget the classic office colors (such as shades of beige and brown, unless that's what works for you) and use your style to accent your space with a color you love and desire.
Scientifically proven, we all know how much color can affect your mood.
And when it comes to productivity in the office place, we cannot ignore how much mood can deeply impact it. Therefore, set your space up to be relaxing, permanent, functional, comfortable, and customized to your needs.
Don't be afraid to be exaggerating— as long as the space is functional. For instance, don’t undervalue the presence of a rug underneath your feet; You can always remove your shoes while executing your work and feel more in-home!
5. Provide a good view if possible. Everyone could build their home offices to overlook the skyline of the city or overlook a white sand beach, but unfortunately, the reality might be different!
Giving yourself something more interesting to look at during those short moments when looking away from a computer display, will make you feel more agreeable.
A window is a perfect solution, but if it is impossible to have an engaging opening, even a picture or painting you enjoy can do the magic and provide those mental breaks that are essential within a productive work environment. (Fig.5)
No one likes staring at a blank wall, and while most of us can't manage the perfect view, treat ourselves to the best possible we can, by referring to those reality-like posters that simulate real-scaled imagery.
6. Complement, not Contradict. Your home office should complement the rest of your home.
For instance, if your home has a traditional design with warm colors— then stick with that. Your home office space should go smoothly with the design of your home. After all, you want your home office to give you a sense of comfort and ease, not be a shocking factor to the senses. (Fig.6)
7. Give the best Illumination available. Provide yourself plenty of light. Of course, natural light is the better choice, but as the daylight hours are limited, make sure that your office space is equipped with ample, bright light with good saturation.
You will likely need more light than you expected. So adding additional light fixtures is to be considered. For best results, stick around 900 Lumens minimum (depending on your space) and make sure that your light source is reachable from a seated position.
8. Your Safety is a Priority. When you're setting up your home workspace location, make your well-being a priority. We spent hours per day laying in the same position at our desks.
Besides, researchers had shown us more and more how bad is to be seated in an improper posture that can hurt the body. You can save yourself so many strength and health issues while avoiding serious long-term problems by making sure that your home workspace location is as ergonomic and healthy as possible.
Also, ensure your workspace location has regular clean air and good ventilation around the day’s hours. Make sure you do whatever is needed to make your space friendly to your body.
Fig.7- Relaxing ambiance created by
green plants in a working area, Photo from Pexels
Adding a plant or two to your workspace location can improve air quality, make your room more comfortable, reduce stress, and therefore increase the productivity of work. A plant is a welcomed and pleasant distraction in the moments while taking care of it by watering or trimming— and besides, they give a great look! (Fig.7)
10. Cables Organization. Nothing can be more troublesome and harmful to your eyes than a bunch of cables cluttering over a desk or the floor in a working place.
Talk with your designer about incorporating ways to hide those; It could be by using special cable covers that enroll and protect all the hanging cables into only one tube or more. (Use the color that fits your office style, see Fig.8)
Make sure that your workspace location is set up for any potential connection you might need in the future for your apparel, including adequate electrical outlets. Also, check if your equipment layout is allowed to be altered— you never know when you'll be getting some new techs for your office. When installing a new home office— you should invest as much as your budget can handle. You have to think that every amount of money invested in this project will have its revenue to your direct benefit;
Actually, this is the place where you will be spending most of your time, and more than any other room in your whole house. So, don’t skimp on any of the elements that might impact your home office productivity.
Practically, you can start by hiring an expert to help you expand your ideas and approach them the right way. Or perhaps let him share with you his perception of the project: With a creative designer, the possibilities are endless, isn’t worth it?
Why choosing the right office-furniture is key?
Besides, it is not to be forgotten that choosing the right furniture for your small office is a priority and a principle that you should consider in the first place. Picking regular office furniture is difficult to achieve yet, picking home office furniture is significantly a more troublesome task.
Thank you so much for this best knowledge. I really like your work and research about office furniture suppliers . You give us the best knowledge by your blog and I agree with your point of view, keep it up.
Thank you all for your support ❤❤
I will share it with my other friends as the information is really very useful. coe office furniture. Keep sharing your excellent work.
Thank you! ❤
Information is pretty good and impressed me a lot. This post is quite in-depth and gives a good overview of the topic. If you are looking for topic then Living Room Furniture Assemble Services is the best option for you.